Friday, February 28, 2014

Come Unto Christ


Sunday, we went to a member's house for dinner. Usually, we come prepared with a message about Christ to share with the families that feed us. We thought we were going to be the teachers. This time though, we were the ones who needed a message.

During dinner, one of the kids started talking about a video that they love to watch as a family. It was a new music video for youth called, "Come Unto Christ." The teenage daughter pulled it up on the television and we all gathered around to watch.

As I listened, I saw reflections of myself. I was given a unique perspective as I recalled who I was as a youth and where I found myself now. I know that it is only because of Christ that I was given the hope I needed to pull through my moments of darkness. Now, I can look up and see the light that was always there, leading me on.




We all face our moments of darkness. We all have different situations. We all feel heartache and sorrow. But one thing I know is that no matter who we are or what we face, our eternal worth is more than we can even begin to imagine. 

I know I have a Savior that loves me and can see that worth even when I can't and I know without a doubt that you do too. Never give up on yourself. Keep looking forward. When we walk in faith, the future is always brighter than the past.

I leave you my testimony that our Savior, Jesus Christ, is the very Son of God. He suffered and died for us so that we never have to be alone. He always has his arms outstretched. All we need to do is come unto Him.

Remember who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment